Alright my friends, I keep it real here in my little corner of the internet. So I’m going to go ahead and start this off with a confession. Follow-through has always been a bit of a struggle with me. At least, I should say, when it comes to my own projects and personal goals. I’m highly accountable to other people, but keeping promises to myself- that’s been another story. Fortunately I’ve done all kinds of work to figure that stuff out, and the culmination of that work has led me here to you.
So if you are like me, my friend, and find yourself caught up in start and quit cycle of goals and habits, I’ve got some good stuff to share. We’re going to talk about the common reasons (eh ehm… excuses), as well as the real reasons we have a hard time with follow-through. I’m sharing how the right focus makes all the difference, and how we can make the shifts we need to get back on track.
Hot topics on this episode:
- Why motivation is not the key
- How to think about discipline in terms of habits
- Why the common excuses we all give don’t hold up
- The real reasons we give up on our goals
- How to shift our focus from effort to reward
- What belief has to do with it
- What we’re actually chasing when we set a goal
- Why a focus on identity is absolutely necessary
- What steps you can take today to get back on track and moving forward with your goal
Books referenced on this episode:
Hello Fears by Michelle Poler
Atomic Habits by James Clear