The holidays are here, my friend! And alongside all of the joy and goodness that comes this time of year, there also exists an element of stress for many. Much of that stress has to do with relationships. Those difficult people in our lives, that we may have to encounter. The disappointment of things (or people) not being what we wish they were. We’re talking about all of it this week, and helping you prepare for any upcoming gatherings that may have you anxious.
In this episode, Mandy’s sharing:
- Why we experience disappointment
- What to do when this occurs
- The truth about expectations, and what we need to recognize them
- What disappointment is NOT
- The ways we allow difficult people to impact our well-being
- How we create an unhealthy environment for ourselves by focusing on what’s out of our control
- How two things can be true at the same time
- A quick trick for shifting the focus away from the difficult person- that you can use right now!